Witnesses say there was no protest at Libyan consulate before attack
Washington Free Beacon:
CBS News reported Thursday morning that according to witnesses, there was never a protest before the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where four Americans were killed on Sept. 11.
“Witnesses tell CBS News that there was never an anti-American protest outside of the consulate,” correspondent Margaret Brennan said in the report. “Instead, they say, it came under planned attack. That is in direct contradiction to the administration’s account of the incident.”
According to Brennan, the FBI has not yet arrived in Benghazi.
U.S. officials confirmed Wednesday that the attack on the consulate is being considered a terrorist action, but said there was no evidence yet discovered indicating the attack had been premeditated.
“What we don’t have, at this point, is specific intelligence that there was a significant advanced planning or coordination for this attack,” said National Counterterrorism Center director Matthew Olsen during a Wednesday Senate hearing. “Again, we’re still developing facts and looking for any indications of substantial advanced planning, we just haven’t seen that at this point.”
...Oh come on. The complex nature of the attack reeks of advanced planning and coordination. Then there is the Zawahiri tape telling al Qaeda operatioves to attack in Libya. Why are they bitterly clinging to a story that makes no sense. I suspect they think Obama will be hurt politically if they tell the truth.
CNN reports that the slain ambassador says he was on an al Qaeda hit list. The administration story seems inconsistent with that fact too.